The museum is located at the ground floor of the fine Neo-Renaissance building on the banks of the river Arno, where Rodolfo Siviero lived from 1944 until his death in 1983.
A keen collector and refined intellectual, Siviero managed to collect many works of Ancient art among which Etruscan findings; Ancient Roman busts; 14th and 15th century wooden statues; Medieval paintings on gold backgrounds, Renaissance and Baroque pictures, bronzes, terra-cottas, liturgical objects, beautiful furniture. Furthermore, a group of works of important Italian modern artists such as Giorgio De Chirico, Giacomo Manzù, Ardengo Soffici, Pietro Annigoni, who were friends of Siviero. This patrimony perfectly reflects the personality of its owner who loved art so deeply and it has the same kind of charm you can find in the palaces full of magnificent art collections Florence inherited from Bardini, Horne and Stibbert. The House-museum is a document of the taste and way of life of the educated XX century Florentine middle-class and it gives the possibility of visiting the private treasures of a "James Bond" of art.
The museum also hosts exhibitions and other cultural events, the actualization of which is entrusted by Regione Toscana to the Associazione Amici dei Musei Fiorentini.